I think it's safe to say that I really enjoy my garden bounty!
I love this time of year because........
1) The jalapenos are jalapeno-ing.
2) The tomatoes are tomato-ing.
3) The banana peppers are banana-ing.
4) The squash is flowering. (Ha! Thought I was going to say squash-ing didn't you??)
5) The watermelons are in bloom.
6) The beans will soon be in bloom.
7) the raspberries are setting another round of fruit.
8) The dill is dill-ing :)
9) The Brussels sprouts seem to be sprouting!
About this time every year I start to get anxious. Like really, really anxious. A lot of what we eat during the long winter months comes from things I can, dry and preserve during the summer. What if my crop fails? What if I don't have the time to get things done? What if??? WHAT IF WE STARVE TO DEATH AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT???!!!
Then I come back down to Earth and calm myself.
And I go to sleep at night happy because we will have enough goodies from our garden to last us all winter long. Sigh, it's a good feeling. I hope you're feeling it too!