Last year, I made all the usual resolutions...and promptly failed to finish even one of them. This year I opted for making a couple of lists. One was a list of goals I had for myself for the year. I included things that I know I am going to get done and a couple of things I know I might not get to. The second list was shorter term goals, like getting my car clean inside :)
My Goals For 2011
1) Cook our meals from scratch. It's more important than ever for us to watch our budget right now.
2) Grow a successful garden and put up (freeze, can or dry) everything possible.
3) Sew a quilt for our bed.
4) Make enough items over the spring, summer and fall that I can sell them at a craft fair, booth or online.
5) Hand make as many presents this year as possible, preferable using up as much of my craft stash as I can.
6) Pay off debt.
7) Finish remodel
8) But a new (to us) truck.
9) Set up a daily, weekly and monthly routine and stick to it.
10) Remove clutter from my home.
I also set some quicker 3- and 6 month goals for us to accomplish. Those are more like things that we know we need to get done and have been putting off. For example, cleaning out the attic and one large closet, making more shelves for storage and other, simple things. Also, not eating out. We are trying to not eat out for the entire year. I'm sure we will fall off the wagon at some point, but we needed a goal set to at least try for.
Because we are trying to pay off some debt (not a lot really, but enough to make a big difference in our income once it's paid off), I am really focusing on saving money wherever we can this year. I'm going to become a coupon clipping fanatic to try to get all of our non grocery items for cheaper (and some grocery things too I hope, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of coupons for "real food" out there) and make a dent in our monthly pay outs.
I know that I will fail to get some of these done, maybe not even start to accomplish one or two, but I have to have somewhere to start. A jumping off point to give me a little something to work towards.
So tell me, did you make any goals for 2011?